Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh the places you will go...

I recently took a trip to Mexico for my uncle's birthday. These days it seems you can't turn the news on with out hearing about the new casualties taken along the border. Needless to say, while everyone was worrying I was spending time with family, watching movies, exploring the city and grabbing late night bites at dinky venues along dark streets. My family had several terrifying stories of their own but nothing worth staying out of the country for.

What people don't realize is how disconnected we are from a situation that is being fueled by our own country. The drug cartels are smuggling drugs to this country because they make outrageous profit. Do people ever stop and wonder where anything comes from anymore? I've dedicated myself to ask more questions after this scene...
"Peace begins with a smile"

No comments:

Post a Comment