Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hollywood Meets Alaska

Today was a very interesting day, at the AWCC, to say the least. The day started like any other- rainy, yet bright and early. As I jogged with my roommate Marcie down the muddy path to the gift shop for work we laughed at being silly and I divulged my horrible nightmares I had during my restless sleep. (Nightmarish dreams that seemed fairly real had been occurring quite frequently since I arrived in Alaska, but I hear that's due to eating sugar late at night and let's face it my diet has sorta turned to rubbish since getting out here.)  Anyway enough about that boring stuff, let's get to the juicy stuff. So I'm at work slaving away on the third floor of the log cabin-style gift shop when, Marcie informs me it's time for my lunch. Sweetness. So there I am in the snack shack just trying to decide between reindeer hotdogs, a pretzel with jalapeno cheese or a pecan bar (I went with the pretzel w/cheese and the pecan bar in case you wanted to know) making stupid out loud comments to myself when a very pretty girl enters the shack as well and begins laughing at my stupid commentary. We exchange a few silly polite words and I grab my items and bid her good day. Only moments later I am told that was Bristol Palin, who I knew had been at the center I just hadn't realized she was still on the premises. For those of you who may not know Bristol is Sarah Palin's eldest daughter and apparently she is filming a new reality TV show about her life and raising her child. Anyway that was my brief run in with a celebrity and the Hollywood scene and I gotta say Bristol is really nice but her TV entourage were awkward and way too attached to their cellular devices. Cliche I know but whataya gunna do?

In other news we threw a surprise party in the barn for an intern Jonathan (who we call Ron and who I and another roommate now call Ernesto) for his birthday. I volunteered to make a new dish, peanut butter cup s'mores bar, and not only was it a huge success but it is now officially my new specialty. OOOOH YEAAAAH. The night was a great one, filled with dancing laughing and a whoooole lot of eating. I vow to start eating better though. I've sworn off pecan bars and I think I'm going to cut myself off of all things snack shack related except the salads and those dang good reindeer hotdogs, I mean how often will I get reindeer once I'm back in Corpus? 
 By the way father's day is coming up real soon, hope you are all thinking of awesome things to do and get your dads! I'll post some cute ideas this weekend never fear haha. Love from Alaska.




No comments:

Post a Comment