Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Paging the Modern World

Today I witnessed two Gay guys afraid to show affection toward each other because I was in the lounge. Mind you they had no idea I was paying attention considering I was vigorously working on Biology work and dozing off. After a bit of eaves dropping ( I know shame on me but I had to confirm they were gay, committed and afraid of PDA) I can affirm they were dating each other. So I have to ask why are they afraid to hug or say cute things to each other? Were they truly worried I would think something foul? (never in my life) And if they were worried about this why? Who cares?! I thought those times of "Gay bashing" were over or at least non-existent in Corpus Christi. I understand not wanting to show PDA due to the sheer fact that sometimes it's unnecessary and gross if you are licking your lovers face and tonsils but there is nothing wrong with a tasteful smooch or embracing hug. Instead they awkwardly both stand look around, look at each other and then push each other. You should never be afraid to show who you are, if you hide your differences people will see them as a stigma forever!! To love yourself means "being and saying exactly what you want and never apologizing for it!" -Pink. I tell you all now, eliminate the fear in Corpus and you will eliminate the hate, for the two go hand in hand. If you want to go hand in hand with your boyfriend or girlfriend, your Gay friend or your small friend then dammit do it! The only way to change society's views is to first change your own.

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment