Monday, February 8, 2010

Work it Girl!



I have never really been much of a club person , mainly because I never have anything to wear, I'm notorious for wearing a shirt and jeans. But regardless this should never stop someone from going out and busting a move. (you see I can't even talk about clubs and sound cool!) So saturday was one of the rare occasions I went clubbing for my friend Trisha's birthday; we went to ESCALA. Yes the fabulous and relatively new gay club right here on staples behind Beamers. Brad and I were excited and a bit nervous, I mean what happens at a gay club? I expected feathers, flashing and lots of fondling and I got just about that.
The building looks awfully small from the outside but once you step in its like a whole different place. Walking in the friendly bouncer calls me sweetheart and charges me 5 bucks and Brad 10 bucks (10 for minors 5 for adults :D) we walk inside and there are lights and fog everywhere, its like an eighties music video in there. The Black Eyed Peas are bumping but its being chopped screwed and club remixed to perfection by the Dj. A huge bar is at my right as is a large glass door leading to an outside smoking patio. We walk passed the dance floor which is lined by red cushioned couches and find one of the private zebra stripped rooms. Here we find three more of our friends, apparently afraid to step out of this room and dance. But Trisha and rene arrived in time to save them and we all head out to a larger room filled with velvet seats and metal beads hang from the archways for privacy. I down my sex on the beach and brad finishes his XX (dos equis) and we are ready to go dance! But at that moment the Drag Show started and everyone gathered round to see the show. Green lights flash an announcer introduces a Brandy Alexander and this little queen comes out and just starts rocking it out. I mean really moving, tina turner would be proud. Then came the strip off contest (which takes places every saturday), I know my third time to a club and the second time I had to see people strip, I apparently pick the rowdyest days to go clubbing. I won't really go into too much detail except that the prize was 100 dollars so I entered Brad (my poor Fabio) and in the end had to beat up some guy in front of me claiming he was Brad's boyfriend. Needless to say he almost won, but instead this girl who I suspect may have actually been a stripper won. My favorite line of the night
"Tell yo boyfriend, we're sorry he lost to some strippin' hoe!" -the girls next to me
After that I bought my boy another round and we danced until the sweat was running into my sexy club boots. (provided by my fabulous mother!!) So if you want to have fun and feel fabulous go to ESCALA!

Overall I give it a score of 4 cheers! Parking is great but the cover plus the drinks are pretty pricey, you'd have to win the strip off to break even.

But Don't Take My Word For It
ESCALA Ultra Lounge
5926 S Staples St.
Corpus Christi, Tx 78413
(361) 985-0950

No comments:

Post a Comment