Thursday, December 3, 2009

Books are not just for the Birds


Burrrr!! It's beginning to feel a lot like... Alaska ! Alright, Okay, maybe not, but it is beginning to get mighty cold. My suggestion: a scarf, and gloves. You'd be surprised how much more warmth you get when just these parts are prepared for frost.

In order to get out into the city I decided to write my blog abroad, and so ventured to the local bookstore Barnes and Noble. the parking lot was packed! Not to mention the last time I came here some little old lady's car was broken into (shameful) but after circling the petite parking lot a few times I was able to find a safe enough location. I cozied up in a table and took a look around. People filled the Starbucks station, the tables, the chairs, and even the isles of books! I realize after a few minutes of zoning out, that there is classical Christmas carols being played from the children's section. Upon further investigation, I find out that the orchestra playing is the John Paul ll High School orchestra, and they perform here annually. They had a really sweet, put together sound... no doubts the j-man (Carroll guitar teacher Keith Justus) could have set up a better show however. With the carols covering the soft murmurs of all the people I was able to focus quite easily on my work. Then I hear that there will be a book signing at the front of the store, this explains why the book store is hoppin'. Though on this particular night there was way too many tweens running around, usually Barnes and Noble is the perfect place to catch up on your reading, work or celeb. gossip!

Overall I give Barnes and Noble bookstore a score of 4 cheers for- sweet study spot, and delicious refreshments. However parking sorta sucks and there is usually a shortage on places to post up.

Don't Take My Word For It:
Barnes and Noble Bookstore
5129 Blanche D Moore Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
(361) 992-1339

No comments:

Post a Comment