Saturday, December 12, 2009

Chopped and Skewerd

Hello out there! I'm dearly sorry I haven't been writing more, but this is still new to me so I
have been searching for sweet stuff to gush about.
The other night, Brad and I, were invited to go eat at Sakura -Japanese Streakhouse with a few friends. I had been there once before and wasn't very fond of it, but I had been craving sushi for several days now and decided I'd give Sakura another chance. Best decision ever! We showed up all looking very suave, and sat at the hibachi bar. Yeah yeah, food being cooked in front of me is pretty sweet, but I didn't come for that. I let my eyes zoom over the menu and then bingo! (sushi is always on the back of the menu, why?) I was like a hungry penguin in the arctic, ready to eat any raw fish before me!! Our waiter was down to earth and pretty astute. The atmosphere, however, was honestly pretty drab, it was quiet, the music playing in the background was equally quiet and all the staff whispered and tip toed around basically. The only laughter or audible conversation in the place was provided by my friends and yours truly! But all noise in the room would have been drown out anyway as soon as my glorious sushi arrived. There on a large square plate laid my dragon roll (eel and avocado) my Sakura special (tempura shrimp and salmon) and my octopus. Its presentation pretty basic, no fancy shrimp tails, no caviar, and no exotic sauces. But none of this matters as soon as I taste the sheer awesomeness that is the Sakura special! The shrimp, salmon and cream cheese all lightly fried and mushing around my taste buds, was almost enough for me to stand up and tell the world Sakura ROCKS! A light descended upon me from the heavens and golden trumpets blared... alright maybe that didn't happen but at that moment I think it should have.
The actual cooked food, was rather interesting, our cook was nice and cheerful but was new and a bit on the slow side of cooking.

Overall I give Sakura -Japanese steakhouse a score of 2 cheers, for sweet ass sushi and speedy refills, but the party has to be provided by yourself and if you are looking for a quick bite the hibachi aspect is moot. Plus its a smidge pricey (boo)

Don't Take My Word for It
Sakura Japanese Steakhouse
5017 Saratoga Boulevard, # 103, Corpus Christi, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment