Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Top Shelf Surprise

Last night, despite the drizzle and dreary cold, my boyfriend Brad and I made it out to The Cadillac Bar. First off, it's got an amazingly electric vibe felt by everyone who even approaches the wide open door. Upon first appearances the huge neon sign draws you in, as almost a lighthouse guiding those seeking fun and the warmth of friendly faces. Once inside the first thing I notice is how extremely clean and classy this dark den is. A long bar stretches out at my right with five large flat-screens hanging over the even larger variety of grade-A alcohols. At this point there is no doubt, tonight is going to be more than a grand one.
We shake of the cold and grab cushy stools at the bar with a few friends, two of which currently work at the bar. The fully stocked juke-box is blasting a wide variety of rock, country and rap, not to mention an even wider variety after my friend Cassidy and I were done with it! The boys migrate to the opposite end of the bar to play a few rounds of pool with pitchers of beer in hand, while Cassidy and I chatted up the benign bartender Mr. Sims, but more commonly known as just Coach. He was lively company, although slightly intimidating, one-on-one conversation proved he had all the makings of a quality bartender. He had jokes, stories and even drink suggestions, although if you are looking for something fruity and exotic you won't find that at Cadillac just yet, for now this crown-on-the-rocks girl is keeping her fingers crossed. After hours of jokes, drinks and a lot of laughs, Brad and I said our good-byes to face the rain.
I give the Cadillac an over all highest score of 5 cheers, for cleanliness in the bar and restrooms, for drink selection and variety, and for entertainment
Will I be returning to The Cadillac Bar you ask, hah... absofuckinglutely.

But Don't Take My Word For It, Check It Out For Yourself:
The Cadillac Bar
4320 Ayers Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78415
(361) 334-8200

No comments:

Post a Comment